With Assura [Original] 1-piece closed, the adhesive is permanently fixed to the pouch. To change the pouch, the whole appliance is removed and replaced.
Assura [Original] 1-piece closed appliances are available with flat or convex baseplates. The broad assortment consists of various pre-cut or hole sizes which can be customized, with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or opaque colour.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin friendliness
The Assura spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin friendliness and protection from irritation
A comfortable and discrete pouch
Assura [Original] 1-piece closed has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Efficient filter - the integrated multi-layer filter avoids the risk of the pouch ballooning up and causing unnecessary bulges, and neutralizes odour
- Soft backing fabric - the side of the pouch that is in contact with the skin features a lining made of soft material, allowing the skin to breath and dries quickly after a shower or swim.
- Odour proof film - pouch is made of a material that is odour-proof.
Convexity, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura [Original] 1-piece closed is available with convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage, for example a stoma that is retracted, or located in a deep skin fold or scar. It applies moderate to high pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude. Ask your stoma care nurse for more information about convexity.